9.18.2012

Making Vanilla Extract, Day 6

I'm impatient.

I just HAD to check on my vanilla extract, even though I'm a minimum of 7 weeks away from it being "ready."

On Day 1, it looked like this.  Vodka with beans.


On Day 6, it looks more like this!


Not 100% clear any more!  And it smells a bit vanilla-y, rather than like a thermos of straight-up Grey Goose.


I'm off to the craft store to hunt for supplies to give this extract as gifts- appropriate bottles and cute label making supplies.

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

9.18.2012

Making Vanilla Extract, Day 6

I'm impatient.

I just HAD to check on my vanilla extract, even though I'm a minimum of 7 weeks away from it being "ready."

On Day 1, it looked like this.  Vodka with beans.


On Day 6, it looks more like this!


Not 100% clear any more!  And it smells a bit vanilla-y, rather than like a thermos of straight-up Grey Goose.


I'm off to the craft store to hunt for supplies to give this extract as gifts- appropriate bottles and cute label making supplies.

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment